Monday, November 15, 2010

Pressure Point - Cross To Bear (TKO, 1998)

"Junkie Dreams" ("You've bought a one-way ticket/You're going nowhere/Soon you'll wake to find your life has been the fare/Full of dreams and aimless schemes that never really exist/Soon you'll wake to find/You're livin' off, livin' off junkie dreams"), "Never Look Back" ("Just another teenage rebel, lookin' for a fight/Just another drunken, heartache-filled Friday night/Just another heart waitin' to be broke/Just another ripe mind, ready to fit the mold"), "Nowhere To Turn" ("Gunshots out my window/Someone's dying out in the street/A new king has been crowned/He's bound for the same defeat/In a world so full of hate, you know I've been betrayed/After all is said and done, all the questions still remain") and "Bitter End" ("Staring in a pint glass/Searchin' for a revelation/I close my eyes, I realize/We're headin' in a different direction/Please tell me how, just tell me now/Just how we arrived at this/This bitter and still ushers in such a painful loneliness/Green eyes, my green eyes/Where have you gone?") are four of twelve tough-yet-forgiving street rockers that'll please the Dropkick Murphys/U.S. Bombs/Swingin' Utters set. Produced by Uncle Lars Frederiksen, who is to "Clash City Crockers" as Nephew Noodles is to "Rock You Like A Hurricane."

No comments:

Post a Comment