Monday, November 15, 2010

PG-13 Bad Guy - Kidnapper Van (self-released, 2001)


Until last night, nobody had ever hand-delivered review material to my house. This unusual effort would've guaranteed an extra "star" rating for the release in question, but since I don't use the crunchy little things, you'll just have to settle for what's written here. I'm truly sorry my name's not Rob Sheffield from Rolling Stone fanzine, and I also apologize for not giving credibility to some ho-bag from Louisiana's re-make of "I Can't Get No Satisfaction." Thank you for the advance listen of the title track if it is in (four "I" words in a row -- that's gotta be a record...) fact the title track, Jack! Did I hear a completely accidental plunge into the '80s SST vault in search of the Minutemen, Firehose or anything else with the regulated amount of Mike Watt-age? Why, yes siree! Did I hear you tell me that track one was a Soundmachine/Rage Against The Garden party? Maybe, but the yellow-y wax has tremendously clogged up my ear canals like ships in Panama. Lastly, did you mention the pop-punk poetry of "In Closed Feelings" had musical stanzas referencing both the Fastbacks AND Lynyrd Skynyrd (I'm one of the few people on Earth who can spell the latter's name without using the letter "A")? Answer the phone, little girl. It's 8-o'-clock in Boise, Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment