Wednesday, October 13, 2010

PLANET MUSIC

Flipping through the CD racks with the failed attempt to find an item under $17.99, this snobby, jazzbo-exuding, over-40, culturally stunted fool next to me asked a loud-mouthed, rap-lovin', under-18, just-a-job-to-me employee, "Yes, I was wondering. Could you help me find a particular record by a gentleman, who is a guitarist by profession?"

Rather than responding back with, "You asking me to find a particular record by a gentleman, who is a guitarist by profession, is like me going into a florist and asking a clerk, 'I'm looking for a particular rose, that is a flower by definition'" in her sassy manner, the girl just said, "Don't know if I could help you. Maybe Ron can."

If I had been that salesperson, I would have led the man to the "C" file, placed Cannibal Corpse's Butchered At Birth in his hands, and thanked him for shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment